What do Sex dreams mean?
What do Sex dreams mean?
What do sex dreams mean?
Since sex is so prevalent in our society, not to mention necessary for our survival as a species, it is no wonder that we dream of having sex. As with any dream symbol, what sex means to you in your dream will depend on your feelings about sex and your experience as a sexual being.
Interpretations of sexual dreamsIn many cases, dreaming of sex isn’t really about sex. From a psychological perspective, dreams about having sex may symbolize the merging of contrasting aspects of yourself or a need to incorporate aspects of your dream sex partner into yourself. Consider your dream partner and what it is that you admire or love about them for an idea of what you are trying to merge into yourself.
- In some instances it may be a safe way to release pent up or repressed sexual desire; you may be exploring your own needs and desires; or it may be compensating for a lack of having a physical relationship in waking life. It may also be suggestive of a need for emotional love or desire to be loved and wanted.
Sexual partners in dreamsDreaming of sex with someone other than your spouse or significant other or with a fantasy lover may be wish fulfillment. Alternately, if you spend a lot of time having or thinking about sex in waking life, it may be a continuation of your waking life thoughts and actions.
- Sleeping with your ex may be an indication that you are coming to terms with and accepting the end of the relationship; or that you have learned from the experience and you are incorporating what you learned into yourself. Your ex may also be representing a new relationship, perhaps as a warning that you don’t want to repeat the same mistakes. If you are still in love with your ex, then dreams about having sex with your ex may be wish fulfillment.
- To have sex with a stranger may symbolize a new you that is emerging due to changes you are going through. The stranger may also indicate you are open to a change or a new opportunity that is underway.
Having homosexual relations – am I gay?If you are a heterosexual, having sex with a same-sex partner does not mean you are homosexual or that you have homosexual desires. Instead it is usually an indication you are learning to love and accept yourself as you are, or you are merging or incorporating aspects of your dream partner into yourself.
Interpretations of different sexual actsThe sexual act itself will also provide more insight as to the meaning of the dream. Search the dream dictionary for the specific sexual act for further analysis of your sex dreams. A standard missionary position may symbolize being bored or dissatisfied with your sex life, or your life in general. If you are doing or seeing something that you haven’t or wouldn’t do in waking life, the dream may be providing the opportunity to safely experience it.
- To dream of a sado-masochistic act or acts may be an indication that you are hurting yourself, hurting others or are allowing others to hurt you in some aspect of waking life that doesn’t necessarily have to relate to sex. You may be treating yourself badly or neglecting your health in waking life. It may also symbolize an emotionally or physically abusive relationship.
- Searching for a place to have intercourse may reflect your search for love in waking life or your desire for a more intimate physical or emotional relationship. Having sex in public may be an indication that you may regret revealing too much of yourself to others.
- To dream of having unprotected sex may be symbolizing your fear of getting pregnant. You may also be feeling unsafe or threatened in waking life.
- If you are unable to complete the sexual act then it may be suggestive of having an unsatisfactory waking sex life or an inability to express yourself or communicate with your waking life partner; or it may be that there are opposing aspects of yourself that you are unable or unwilling to accept. It may also indicate an inability to complete something else in waking life. You may be feeling impotent, unfulfilled or ineffective in some aspect of waking life.
Interpretation of watching pornIf you are watching others have sex, or watching a pornographic movie, you may be feeling insecure about your own sexuality. Watching others may be a way to safely learn about different sexual acts and/or explore your own sexual needs and desires. It may also be suggestive of a need for emotional love or desire to be loved and wanted.
- Watching porn may symbolize boredom and a need for stimulation in other aspects of waking life; or it may be compensating for a lack of sexual activity in waking life; or may be filling a desire to watch it in waking life. Alternately, if you spend a lot of time watching or looking at porno in waking life, it may be a continuation of your waking life thoughts and actions.
The symbol sex has been searched after by users 624068 times